The Map is distributed on the Thruway northbound, at the Northway Exit 17 rest stop, at the Lake George Visitor Center and Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce, at GFC member locations, and to the City of Glens Falls’ statewide contacts. 20,000 were printed in 2020. Your membership will get you a spot on the next printing of the map, date TBD.
For 2022 membership, we must receive your application by no later than March 1, 2022.
Scroll down for the membership application.
Benefits of Membership
Inclusion in directories
Your directory listing on the Members page of this website includes a link to your website, which is good for your search engine results!
Free Participation in all Glens Falls Collaborative events
A $500+ value! Participate in Pet Fest, Grandma’s Table, Wing Fest, Take A Bite, FitFest, Boo2You, Hometown Holidays and more. Event dates are subject to change as we adapt to COVID-19 restrictions
Show off your membership at your place of business.
Share your business news once each month. We have over 6,000 followers!
Glens Falls Collaborative members preferentially do business with fellow members.
Support for Glens Falls
The Glens Falls Collaborative’s events, branding and marketing are vital to Glens Falls’ tourism and economic development, which benefits all businesses in the City. We are establishing an Arts Trail, which will be a new attraction to Downtown Glens Falls! Membership is our main source of revenue. Your support drives Glens Falls forward!
Our accomplishments in 2020:
- Last Spring when the shutdown first happened, we sprang into action and compiled a list of businesses that were open, and kept it updated for weeks.
- We then held a Restaurant BINGO.
- While Wing Fest, Take A Bite and FitFest were canceled, we continued to market Glens Falls online and in print, in a close ongoing working relationship with the City of Glens Falls.
- We have promoted members and Glens Falls in general on our Downtown Glens Falls Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- We created sandwich boards around downtown that say “Glens Falls is OPEN!”
- We designed and printed a new version of our map, and distributed 8,000 copies this past year.
- Boo2You gave the community a reason to get out of the house and view homes that were part of a Halloween House Decorating Contest with 27 participants and nearly 700 votes! First, Second and Third places received Gift Cards to the Glens Falls Collaborative business/organization of their choice.
- Our “Ghost” Scavenger Hunt was well received as well, with all participants receiving Gift Cards to Glens Falls Collaborative businesses/organizations of their choice.
- Hometown Holidays offered residents a virtual tree lighting that was collaborated with the City of Glens Falls.
- We also organized a “SANTA” parade through neighborhoods that many families turned out for and enjoyed a socially distanced event. Our Santa mailbox, that was located on the front steps of City Hall, received well over 50 letters from children. All of which were recognized by Santa either on our FaceBook page or, if a return address was included, they received a letter from Santa.
- Throughout the month of December families were able to choose their favorite Holiday Decorated House. This event had 28 participants, with the first, second and third place winners receiving Gift Cards to the Glens Falls Business/organization of their choice.
Another Restaurant BINGO is being offered through the end of February with winners each week.